St Mary’s Catholic Primary Schools Trust
22nd May 2020
Dear Parents and Carers,
I hope you are all well. We are missing you and hope you have been able to enjoy the warm sunny weather we have been having. As it's half term next week there are a few little activities below or on Fronter that you may like to try. We hope you all enjoy half term and continue to keep safe and well.
Communication and Literacy
Share stories every day during the day and at bedtime.
If you go on a walk choose one of the letter sounds s,a,t or p and see if you can see something starting with that sound while you are walking.
Choose a number 1,2,3,4 or 5 and see if your child can find that amount of objects in your home and bring them to you. You could even use a timer to make it more exciting.
Can the children think of one kind thing they are going to do each day. It may be tidying their toys, sharing their toys with their brothers and sisters, having kind hands and saying kind words, or helping their grown ups do little jobs around the house.
Here are some links that are useful.
- BBC i-player
- The Book Trust has some great links and activities
- Topmarks is also useful.
- You can look on our school website at https://www.stmaryscatholicprimaryschoolstrust.co.uk for any other ideas and activities to print off at home.
- Please remember that we have added some videos and some educational activities for you to use at home on the 'It's Learning' site. https://stmarysschools.itslearning.com/ Please use the username and password you were given to login in and have a look at our Reception Room.
- We will add new learning activities when necessary.
- AND - most importantly ensure you all stay healthy and safe. Keep washing your hands regularly and listen to any Government recommendations and advice.
Many thanks the Early Years team