Newsletter - Year 1
Friday 10th July 2020
Dear Children and parents, this is our last newsletter to you for Year 1 children. As we can't see you all in person we wanted to include messages to you from your teachers so you know how much we have enjoyed being your Year 1 teachers.
A message from Mrs Jhaveri
I cannot believe that it is already time to bid farewell to our wonderful Year 1 children. Where did the time go? We had such an unusual academic year and even in such unique times, you all rose to the challenge. You not only impressed me in the school with your fantastic progress and excellent attitude to learning but you also rose to new challenges such as online learning and produced amazing piece of work each time. I am so proud of you ALL!
Dear parents, every year at this time we teachers get appreciation from you and your children for making difference. However, this year we want to applaud your cooperation and patience without which it would have been impossible for your children to continue their learning journey and produce such outstanding pieces of work. You have been absolutely fantastic!
Wish you all a very lovely Summer holiday. Children, I wish you all the success for Year 2. You have been and always will be brilliant!
A message from Mrs McGee
Children, it has been great seeing all your amazing writing, beautiful pictures and wondeful mathematics learning throughout your time in Year 1, whether in school or online. I am very proud of every single one of you, especially how you have adapted and remained focused on your learning during these strange times. It has been a privilege to teach you all. You are all superstars! Thank you also to your parents for their amazing help and support they have given you with your learning. It is very much appreciated by us teachers. Have a wonderful and safe summer holiday. Good luck in Year 2!
A message from Mrs Kotamo
Dear Year 1 Children, with just one week left of Year 1 I am so proud of all you have achieved. We have had a strange year but you have all continued to stay focused on your learning and always trying your best. You are all such wonderful children and I have missed seeing you all at school. But it has been amazing to see the standard of learning that you are all submitting onto Fronter showing just how hardworking you all are! Thank you also parents as you have worked so hard with your children and we are so very greatful for your support. Year 1 you have been an amazing year group to teach and I look forward to hearing of your successes in Year 2! Good luck children, with the hardworking attitude I have seen you have towards learning I know you are going to do amazingly in Year 2!
Enjoy your Summer, stay safe and take care.
Year 1 Team
Please check Fronter (stmarysschools.itslearning.com) Family Room and Year 1 Classroom to find activities for your child to do online. If Fronter is slow running and you have used all the activities in your pack, the downloadable activities at the bottom of this blog may prove useful.
You may enjoy exploring these links, too.
Topmarks also is useful for interactive games.
Visit https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/ for the learning videos and activities
- As you will have heard all schools will be closed from Monday 23rd March. You will have received your home learning packs. Please ensure you do a little bit everyday with your child.
- Please continue to read with your children everyday for at least 10 minutes and enjoy sharing a bed time story together.
- You can look on our school website at https://www.stmaryscatholicprimaryschoolstrust.co.uk for any other ideas and activities to print off at home.
- Please remember that we have added some videos and some educational activities for you to use at home on the 'It's Learning' site. https://stmarysschools.itslearning.com/ Please use the username and password you were given to login in and have a look at our Year 1 Room.
- We will add new learning when necessary.
- AND - most importantly ensure you all stay healthy and safe. Keep washing your hands regularly and listen to any Government recommendations and advice.
Many thanks the Year 1 team