Thursday 28th May 2020
Dear St Mary’s Families,
As you will all know by now, we are preparing to open both schools on Monday 1st June for Reception, Year 1 and Year 6 children unless the Government tell us otherwise today.
If your child is in one of these year groups you will have already have received a letter and a telephone call.
To do this as safely as possible there are several important rules that need to be followed.
- It is vitally important that you keep to the times you have been given as we have created group bubbles that cannot be mixed. You will only be allowed entrance at the allotted times so please do not come early or late as this will cause congestion outside.
- Only one adult will be allowed to bring your child on site to reduce unnecessary contact.
- Both school offices will be closed to all visitors so any contact must be by phone.
- For those who have decided to keep their child at home at present; you must give us a week’s notice if you change your mind and wish your child to return to school. If you choose not to send your child to school, online learning will continue to be available.
- Your child will need a water bottle (the water should not be frozen), a packed lunch if they are not having school dinners and a small packet of tissues. They must not bring large bags or book bags to school.
- If you need to bring a younger sibling on site you must keep hold of them and not let them run around.
You will need to enter through the main gate that is nearest to the school office. Your child will immediately enter the playground and will be escorted to their group where they will remain for the day. They will not mix with any other children or adults outside their groups. After you have dropped your child you should then exit through the pupil gate as quickly as possible. At the end of the day this process will be reversed.
Your child will be collected from the front gate and taken to the playground by a member of staff where they will be taken to their groups. They will not mix with any other adults or children during the day. At the end of the day you will be asked to go into the KS1 playground where your child will be brought out to you. Dots have been placed on the playground for you to stand. If you have a younger of older sibling you must keep them with you. As soon as you have your child you will need to follow the marked path out through the nursery gate to Sydenham Road.
This is all very new to us and is not the way we would normally wish to work with our families. Each decision has been made to reduce contact, reduce the virus spread and keep you all as safe as we can. We are working on the basis that every additional person that we introduce to the mix increases the risk of infection and we will need your help and your understanding to do this successfully.
Please follow us on Twitter: @MaryCroydon